A horse is a horse, of course!
9 random facts about Seahorses
1. Seahorses live in almost every ocean around the world.
2. A seahorse looks like a mix of lots of other creatures - a horse head, an
aardvark’s snout, chameleon like eyes, a kangaroo pouch and a monkey’s
3. Seahorses can change color which helps them fend of predators.
4. The male seahorse has a pouch on its stomach in which to carry babies, as many as 2,000 at a time.
5. Male seahorse pregnancies last anywhere from 10 to 25 days.
6. Seahorses make noise and you can hear it underwater! It sounds just like
a human smacking their lips.
7. Seahorses are a beloved and majestic creature and there is mythology
about them worldwide.
8. Seahorses are in danger! Due to over fishing, medical use and changing
oceans, these mesmerizing creatures are declining in numbers - some
species are already extinct.
9. Seahorses like water between 76 and 85 degrees so they can live just
Come dive Blue Heron Bridge with us and see these gorgeous guys for yourself!
Finatix Scuba Diving.
We're a team of scuba diving specialists here to share tales from under the sea.
Call us today and start your scuba diving training now!